- Islamic Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- The Qur’an. Qur’anic Rhetoric, Recitation and Exegesis.
- Sufism and Comparative Mysticism
- Islam and Gender. Islamic Feminism. Muslim Feminist Theology and Exegesis
- Muslim Vocal Arts
I am currently working on a Feminist interpretation of the Qur’anic narrative of Bilqis (The Queen of Sheba).
- Duke University, Graduate Program in Religion
- University of Chicago, Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations. Graduate Program.
- Center for Arabic Studies Abroad, American University in Cairo, Fellow.
- King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah, Arabic as a Second Language
- Bryn Mawr College Pennsylvania, A.B with Haverford College Major in Religion and Minor in Intercultural Studies
“The Birth of Aliya Mariam,” in Voices of Islam, Vol. IV, Voices of Family and Home, Editor Grey Henry and Series Editor Vincent Cornell. Praeger Press, 2006.
Integrated Resource Package (IRP) for Modern Standard Arabic Grades 5-12. British Columbia Department of Education, Victoria, B.C. and The B.C. Muslim School, Richmond, B.C. 1999. (Editor and Principal Author).
“The Question of Women,” translated from Nawaal El Saadawi’s “Qadiat al-Mar’a,” for The South Asian Bulletin, Edited by Sucheta Mazumdar, Duke University Press, Durham, North Carolina, 1995, v. 15 (Spring), no.1 (From the Arabic).
The Art of Islamic Calligraphy Volumes I-IV, Chicago: Iqra International Educational Foundation, 1989. (Editor)