If you’re feeling lost about career opportunities with a CNERS Major, Honours or Minor, start here.
- Visit What can I do with my Arts degree? on the Student Services website. A comprehensive guide on how to make an impact with the skills obtained in your Arts degree. Includes specific information for CNERS students.
- Attend a workshop offered by the Centre for Student Involvement and Careers and browse their resume and cover letter writing resources.
- Learn about ways to get involved and gain work and volunteer experience during your BA. Some options for CNERS students are below.
- Get inspired by reading profiles of CNERS Alumni and be sure to attend the annual Alumni Night hosted by the CNERS Student Association (usually end of January).
Getting involved during your BA is a great way to broaden your experience and set yourself up for success in a variety of careers after graduation.
- Arts Co-Op offers students enriched educational experiences for personal and professional growth by working with diverse community partners and sectors to provide transformative workplace learning.
- Involvement Opportunities for Arts Students. Browse workplace, community, research, international and leadership opportunities for Arts students.
- WorkLearn opportunities are a great way to get some experience and earn an income while studying. WorkLearn jobs are on-campus and limited to 10 hours/week (Winter) or 20 hours/week (Summer).
- CareersOnline is the job board for UBC students and alumni.
- CNERS Student Association. Become a member, run for exec, or volunteer as an editor for the undergraduate journal. The SA is a great way to network with your peers and gain some valuable leadership and administration skills.
- The Museum of Anthropology (MOA) at UBC offers some volunteer, internship, and WorkLearn positions. This is a great place for students interested in material culture and museums to get some experience.
Sample Resume and Cover Letter
Example of a resume for a CNERS Major created by the Centre for Student Involvement and Careers: Sample Resume CNERS Major
Careers for Classicists. This guide is published by the Society for Classical Studies. Read profiles from Classics graduates from across North America and articles on what you can do with a Classics major and how you can prepare for a career at each stage of your undergraduate degree. While designed with Classics students at US schools in mind, this guide has practical information applicable to all CNERS streams.